We respect the privacy of individuals’ personal information and are committed to safeguarding that information which we receive in connection with its business activities.
We will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its amendments and the Australian Privacy Principles incorporated in that Act. You can find the full text of the Australian Privacy Principles online at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
This policy outlines how we collect use and manage personal information about you and how you can make enquiries or complaints about our compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles and about any personal information we hold about you.
We may update or change this policy from time to time to take account of new or amended laws new technology or changes in our operations. If we do so we will publish the updated policy on our website. All personal information held by us will be governed by our most recent updated policy.
By choosing to use any of our services you can be assured that all personal information that you provide to us will be respected and kept secure in accord with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. By using our services you accept this policy.
- Personal Information
“Personal information” is defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as:
“Information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
Generally the personal information that we collect about you may include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, the business that you work for and the role fulfilled in that business. We may also request additional information including passport/visa information, bank details, superannuation fund details, emergency contacts, tax file number training qualifications and work experience if you want to utilise any of our services.
We may also collect sensitive information about you if you want to utilise any of our services. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information and may include:
- medical history or condition;
- the opinion of others about your work performance (whether true or not);
- aptitude test results and other information obtained in connection with your possible employment;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- police record; and/or
- health or disability.
- Purpose of Collection
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities and provide our services. You are not obliged to provide this information but without it we will be unable to provide you with our services.
Your personal information may be collected by us from our website and online portal, your employer and/or our partners. We may also collect your personal information from other sources with or without verification.
If you want to utilise any of our services we may collect and hold your personal information so that we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks including (but not limited to) a police check, residency and right to work checks;
- understand your work experience qualifications and requirements for work and provide you with our services;
- set up administer and manage our systems and services including management and administration of employment arrangements;
- assess evaluate and process any application for the provision of any goods or services;
- recruit, manage, train and develop our employees representatives and partners;
- manage any complaint or dispute and to report to appropriate dispute resolution authorities;
- get a better understanding of you, needs and how you interact with us so we can engage in product and service research development and business strategy; and/or
- verify any information you have given to us or our partners or to comply with the law.
- Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information directly from you when:
- you provide it to us directly;
- we undertake or receive any personal professional or employment information about you;
- we receive any results of enquiries we make of employers colleagues or associates;
- we receive any feedback about you;
- we undertake any other pre-employment or other checks or enquiries.
We may also collect information about you from a broad range of third parties.
- Use of Personal Information
We will generally collect use hold or disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was collected. This may include:
- providing products and services and sending communications;
- obtaining employment history information about you;
- tailoring our communications to you;
- sending information about future promotions news services products or events;
- conducting business processing functions;
- for our internal administrative marketing and planning requirements;
- compiling and reporting statistics using the identified information;
- for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees related corporations, contractors or service providers for the purpose of conducting our business activities fulfilling requests by you or to provide products and services to you;
- suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business marketing and related purposes including (but not limited to) potential employers criminal history information providers and government authorities;
- other organisations for authorised purposes with your consent;
- potential business partners or purchasers and professional advisors.
We may share your personal information with other organisations or with contractors performing services for us. We will use reasonable endeavours so that those organisations are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Website Information
When you access and interact with our services, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to us, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access our services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies and local storage, pixel beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bundles of data or code that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so that such websites, apps and other services can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information such as website pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed in relation to your usage of our services and other websites you have visited.
Third parties that support our services by placing advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. We do not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties using such technologies.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features/functions, content or personalisation available through our services.
- Information from third party Social Media
- Management of Personal information
Any unencrypted information submitted by email or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted read or modified. Personal information may be held on internal or external systems including public and private server environments. We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss interference and from unauthorised access modification or disclosure. We may also store your personal information in hard copy.
When we have no further need to use your personal information we will securely de-identify or dispose of your personal information.
- Email Security
Any email message you send may be automatically examined and filtered for unacceptable content which may result in your email or attachments being held for review. Our information technology administrators may have access to any email messages and/or attachments to authorise the content for security purposes only.
- Opting Out of Marketing Communication
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by any means we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving such information. By electing not to opt out we will assume that we have your implied consent to receive similar information and communication in the future. Our opt out notices shall be clear conspicuous and easy to use.
To opt out please see your member settings and select ‘Opt out’ or contact our Privacy Officer.
- Correction of Information
You may request access to your personal information that we hold about you. We will provide you with access to your personal information in accord with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles and we may not grant you access to personal information that we hold where the Australian Privacy Principles allow us to do so. If you are refused access to your personal information we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
We will take reasonable steps so that your personal information that we collect use or disclose is accurate complete and up to date. If you believe that your personal information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know and request us to amend it. We will consider your request and if we are satisfied with your request, we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will follow the procedures incorporated in the Australian Privacy Principles.
Any request for access to your personal information must be made in writing. A reasonable fee may be charged for the cost of verifying the application and location retrieval and copying of the personal information requested.
- Associated Entities
Emprevo Pty Ltd ABN
Office Staffing Services Pty Ltd ABN 95 096 664 863
United Recruitment Pty Ltd ABN 64 059 959 590
trading as Octopus Hospitality & Events
trading as Precision Recruitment
trading as the Vital Group
trading as VIP Personnel
- Further Information
If you have any question in relation to our personal information handling procedures or you have any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or the Australian Privacy Principles please contact:
We may need you to provide more information about any question you may pose. If your concern is genuine, we will investigate the issue and endeavour to provide you with a written response within twenty-eight (28) days of receipt of your query. In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with a written response within the time frame specified. If that is the case, we will contact you and explain the reason for the delay and provide you with a new time frame for a written response.
If you are not satisfied with our response you may notify our Privacy Officer in writing. We can escalate your query and review the response that you have been given. You may also direct your issue to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.